Barbecued chicken with warm green bean salad27 September 2016 12:05 Zostaw swój komentarz
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary , leaves picked
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon , zest and juice of
- 4 higher-welfare chicken breasts , skin removed
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- olive oil
- 24 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 400 g green beans , topped with the curly end still on
- Preheat the oven to 100ºC/200°F/gas ¼. Pound the rosemary leaves with a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar or flavour shaker. Mix with the olive oil and half the lemon juice and zest.
- Lay the chicken on a chopping board. Slice one of the breasts horizontally, as if you were going to cut it in half. Cut it 80 per cent of the way through, then open it up like a book. Flatten it out with the heel of your hand and repeat with the other three.
- Pour the rosemary marinade over the chicken and put to one side to marinate for a few minutes. Make the dressing by mixing the mustard with the rest of the lemon juice and twice as much olive oil. To roast your tomatoes, place on a tray, season and roast for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the beans for 5 minutes. Drain and toss them in the mustard dressing, then add the roasted tomatoes.
- Preheat a griddle pan or barbecue. Grill the chicken breasts for 2½ minutes on each side. Check they’re cooked through and serve with the warm beans and tomatoes.
- Tip: The longer you leave the chicken in the marinade, the better it’ll taste!